Shoes are a staple in a woman’s wardrobe. You can never have enough shoes! You need shoes for each season of the year; you need shoes for different occasions; you need shoes to wear around the house; and you need shoes for every outfit. And no matter what your weight, you can always find a pair of shoes to make you feel wonderful and chase away the blues!
This article provides tips on finding your perfect shoes. Your perfect shoes will depend on a number of factors. Your body type decides what type of shoes you should avoid or prefer. Your clothes will help you select the best pair from what you have in the closet. You need to match shoes with occasion. You cannot wear the same shoes for to work and a party. Finally, if the shoes are not comfortable, it can create many problems for you in the long run.
Body Type and Your Shoes:
When you select shoes a few things depend on your body type and let’s discuss them first. For short women, the 2-3 inches heel shoes work best. Very high heels can make you look off balance. Use the rest of the outfit to elongate, by toning shoes to stockings and skirt or to socks and trousers. Match the tone of top to bottom for even more height. If you have thick ankles and heavy calves, sling backs are the most flattering style. Knee high boots are also nice choice. Shoes that are too chunky or too delicate will make your legs look heavier. Avoid square toes, stiletto heels, wedges and platforms. If you have thick calves, avoid mid calf boots. If you long feet, the pointy shoes will make your legs look longer. An oval or squared toe works best for such shoes. Shape of the heels should match the shape of your body. If you are heavy, a skinny stiletto will exaggerate your weight. Thicker heel style is better option.
Here are the few pointers on how to match clothes with shoes:
1. Very long and very short skirts look better with lower heels.
2. Narrow pants look best with lower heels.
3. The heavier the shoe, the more casual it becomes.
4. When worn with a skirt, a high cut shoe can make the leg appear heavier and shorter. Wear high cut shoes with pants.
5. Usually a shoe should be the same color family as your outfit, but not an exact match.
6. Black is too heavy for lighter tones outfit and cut the leg length
7. White shoes are very stark and create break in the line of your leg. Try cream or ivory.
7. You can elongate the appearance of your legs by matching the tone of the hose to shoes. Matching hose to a brightly colored shoe is too much color and opt for skin colored hose.